Merch

Pages

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Website Redesign

Hey guys,

I wanted to let you all know that my business is going through a LOT of changes. 

First, I got a whole new computer/printer/scanner system so that I can finally do all my own scanning, printing, product making, etc. Matt, my webguy has been the most helpful and wonderful person on the planet. However, he does have two day jobs and it's become increasingly more difficult to meet up with him to scan new art. So he'll be there for me of course if I have an emergency of a goblin getting lodged in the disk drive, but otherwise, I'll be doing everything web and product related myself... Please bare with me during this time. =)

Second change, I have designed all on my own (well, with the help of a web creation site) my own website complete with shopping cart options!! *angels sing somewhere* I'm not quite finished yet unfortunately. But it is a LOT of work -- especially for someone who has no idea what they are doing. I've have to redo entire areas of the site a few times now so that I could have everything flow better and make more sense. But seriously, right now the construction site is epic -- considering it's made by me, of course.

The new website will be a lot more interactive in the sense that I can update it whenever I want, there will be more links, an actual shopping cart system, fun pages, etc. I'm even using paypal as my shopping cart which is a very trusted internet payment service. The whole thing is growing very nicely.

While I have been painting a bit, most of my energy has been going into the site and the new software and learning how to use everything. So hang tight for now. I will be really excited to finally start doing everything on my own without having to wait or rely on others to do things for me. It will make my painting time and uploading much more efficient in the long run anyways because I will be able to scan/print the second I finish a painting rather than waiting for weeks. Go efficiency!

I am really looking forward to releasing the redesign of the site as soon as I am able. I hope it happens before the holidays, but you know how busy this time of year gets. At least we'll have it for the new year if nothing else.

And if anyone has any web-building-paypal-printing products-mechandising advice, please feel free to send it my way! 

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment