Merch

Pages

Monday, March 26, 2012

Snow White's Poison Apple... A Dash of RED!


"Snow White's Warning"
Original Ink Drawing by Claire Nobles
©2012
Size: 5x7
Medium: Ink
For sale: $12.50 -Click here-

I'm so excited that Snow White is back in style! --"Once Upon a Time" is my new favorite tv series (watched a marathon of it today since I have a cold again). And there's two movies coming out and whatever you think about Kristen Stewart or Julia Roberts, I know the movies will be at least artistically pleasing to the eye!

In the spirit of the hype, I've come up with a Snow White Ink called "Snow White's Warning." Her bird friend is trying to get her attention about the poison apple she's about to eat... But Snow White doesn't speak Bird... So we all know what's gonna happen!

I added in some bright red ink for the first time!! I love the stark effect it gives. I have been wanting to experiment with minimal color for a while now.

In related news, my brush pen is on its last "legs." I have been using it A LOT-- but the pen is also not *quite* what I want in a pen... For one, it is not waterproof. In fact, if you purchased one of my ink drawings, for the love of all that is precious, do not even sneeze on it-- the drawing will die. The pen is of good quality for what I desired as far as line work went, but now the lines are getting skippy and dried out and taking more concentration and longer to turn out what I want. So I don't know if that's from excessive use, or if it the quality of the pen...

So I bought five new brush pens of various reputable brands to try out-- and all of them claim to be waterproof! If this is true, then I can actually turn some drawings into paintings if I so desire! 

So if you're enjoying my ink drawings, don't worry, they aren't going away any time soon!

And here's a few more from the most recent batch!

"Dancer"
Original Ink Drawing by Claire Nobles
©2012
Size: 4.5x7
Medium: Ink
For Sale: $10 -click here-

I have always been mesmerized by ballet dancers...  They inspire my fairies' fluidity and inner light.

"Flying Home"
Original Ink Drawing by Claire Nobles
©2012
Size: 4.5x7
Medium: Ink
For Sale: $11 -click here-

I don't know why, but I am so in love with this drawing... I named it "Flying Home" because I feel at peace when I gaze at it... This was actually a fun experiment with duck drawing and it turned out something really nice.

To see all the ink drawings available -click here!- Thanks guys and stay tuned!!


No comments:

Post a Comment