Merch

Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

STRUT!

Pleas join us for this FREE event!!
In celebration of Heart Month, the American Heart Association's Go Red For Women and Macy's invite you to GO RED STRUT
on February 14th, 2012
11:30am-1pm
Macy's Union Square, San Francisco, Ca!!!

This is the surprise I was waiting to share with you all-- I will be one of the "Strutters" for Go Red Strut. That means I get to wear my red sparkly dress and heels and walk a catwalk in front of tons of people. Just a bit of pressure. It's nothing I have ever done before and I just hope I don't bite it on the catwalk.

I am participating this event to spread awareness of the AHA. As many of you know, I was born with severe heart defects. My defects include ventricular septal defect, atrial septal defect, pulmonary stenosis and transposition of the greater arteries. I’ve had five surgeries, at ages 2 months, one and a half years, 4 years, 7 years, and 15 years old. Two of them were open heart, the major repair being at age four. I try to be stay active, and eat right, and I lead a pretty normal life aside from having several surgery scars. As long as I continue to be healthy, I won’t need another surgery for years to come. Otherwise, if my health is in jeopardy, I may have to have another surgery much sooner.

Thanks to research done by the American Heart Association, I am alive today. I am so excited to be supporting them and help spread awareness!


February is American Heart Month (and the month of Love!) This event will be amazing and I am so happy to participate in it! I hope that if you can come, that you will-- it would be so great to see your shining faces there to support the AHA and the fact that though I can't walk in high heels, I will be trying my best....


For all the details on this fab event, click here!
For more on the AHA, click here.
And check out their facebook page!

No comments:

Post a Comment