Merch

Pages

Monday, March 12, 2012

I'm Working-- I Swear!

Medium: Ink 
Size: ~4.5x7 inches
©2012

I got a new pen! So I decided to give it a whirl and I turned out six new ink drawings! This is quite a treat because since my PC (big computer) is still being fixed, and unable to scan images, then these inkings are a great way for me to show everyone that I'm actually being creative!

In a class I took a few semesters ago, we used a Chinese Brush pen to capture 30 second poses by a model. We did them for twenty minutes at the beginning of class (making SIXTY 30 second ink drawings per class -- oh yeah, on ~18x30something inch paper). Most of the class dreaded the gesture drawings. It's much much harder than it seems. Sometimes 3 brush strokes was all it took to capture the model's movement, pose, mood -- and other times 5 strokes were too many or ten were too few!

Anyways, the new pen I purchased is a felt tip brush pen which is much different than a Chinese brush, but still has the same idea. All the inked drawings were done with that pen today. I was able to get super baby fine lines and big chunky ones out of one pen! Plus my drawings took anywhere from 5-15 minutes. I've listed them on my Etsy Shop under "Originals." Most of theses new inks are under $10. --Seriously. They are a great way to keep my creative brain going and to keep busy. And the low price is my way of saying "Thank you" to all of you for your support!

Medium: Ink
Size: ~4.5x7 inches
©2012
Two of my friends saw my fish and went nuts. I guess I'll be making some time in my schedule for some koi paintings....

Lonely Mermaid by Claire Nobles - Sold
Medium: Ink
Size: ~4.5x7 inches
©2012
My friend bought this one within 20 minutes of me listing it! I was worried that the black sketchy look wouldn't be popular, but what do you all think?

Medium: Ink
Size: ~4.5x5 inches
©2012 

A popular pose with me. I meant to have her on a mushroom, but it didn't quite fit, so I cropped off the bottom of the page, making her a mere 4.5x5 inches! She's only $4

Medium: Ink
Size: ~4.5x7 inches
©2012 
My favorite. I priced it at $20 so that I may have time to scan it in and sell prints of it as well. 

Medium: Ink
Size: ~4.5x7 inches
©2012
It started with the flower and morphed into something quite extraordinary (or just plain odd).


Also, let me know if you would rather see original inked drawings for sale on Etsy or for Sale through my Website!

------

P.s.

I'm having CRAZY SALES! I've listed quite a few product sets for more than 30% off on Etsy. Check them out by Clicking Here!

------

P.p.s.

Let me know if there is a certain ink drawing above that you would either like to see offered as a black and white print or turned into a painting. Thanks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment