Merch

Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

Spirited Away Preview

Spirited Away - Enchanted Visions Preview

Hello all, 

I know it has been a long time since you last saw my painting Spirited Away (from the Slightly Eccentric Tutorials). I wanted to let you all know that I finally finished the painting and that I'm finally pleased with it (don't quote me on it-- leave me alone with it, I'll probably fix something else)! I changed a LOT since you all last saw it and definitely pushed myself out of my comfort zone. I am used to painting washes in light colors and stopping after two or three because I'm always afraid to ruin the piece! In this case, even the title tells you that the painting will be extra other-worldly and different. So this time I pushed the colors to make everything-- especially the fae come to life!

Unfortunately during this time I didn't take very many pictures. I just kept painting, thinking I'd be done soon, only making small changes and could photograph afterwards! So the rest of the tutorial I'm sad to say will be jump pretty far from idea to idea, but I'll put it together for you all and explain as best I can what I might have been thinking (or not thinking!).

The painting will be released as soon as my computer comes back from "the shop."(once the piece is scanned in, I'll actually stop making changes to it!) (and to explain-- I am writing on my laptop right now, but I also have a PC which handles all my major photoshop, printing, uploading and downloading needs-- the PC is the one in the shop, and the laptop isn't powerful enough to do all the things my PC can take care of.)

In the mean time, check out my website and see all the changes being made and all the new products released! I've been adding whole new sections on a weekly basis! So there's always something new and fun times to be had over there!

To view the tutorial of "Spirited Away" -click here-

No comments:

Post a Comment