Merch

Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Cross Your Fingers!

Even Endocarditis didn't stop me from strutting!
A preview from Go Red Strut (blog coming soon!)
The white band on my arm is my PICC line (an IV that delivers meds directly to my heart). 

Today is the first day I am off my meds! I do realize that I sound like a psychopath who is no longer taking much needed medication for behavioral disorders, but that's not actually what I mean...

After a six week antibiotic treatment and a few scary hospital stays for Endocarditis (infection of the heart valve) I finally got word from my Infectious Disease doctor (oh yeah, I got one of those) that my body seems to be regulating and the infection is fully clearing up on schedule!!!

I have to wait for a few more days and get a few tests of how my body is doing off the antibiotics to make sure the endocarditis is GONE and never coming back! Otherwise, if the infection comes back, I will probably get another six week treatment and possibly more hospital stays... Ugh! 

As long as my body is reacting well without antibiotics, hopefully this week I can get my PICC line out! The PICC line is an IV that snakes in through a vein in my my left bicep, through my shoulder and into my heart. I can't use my left arm for very much.  So cross your fingers that my body stays infection-free and that I can get the OK this week to get the line out and above all, start living normally again! (I'm gonna do so many push ups!)

I was severely sleep deprived due to my meds, so with my newfound energy I am going to draw a lot of comics!! Most of these comics are going to be inside jokes with my friends and cannot be seen by anyone but that friend (for the sake of my friends' embarrassment). However, I shall try to sneak a few in here when I can to keep you all entertained!

(Go Red Strut Blog and Pictures coming soon!!)

3 comments:

  1. I'm just happy you are feeling better. You're one tough cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youre amazing! Glad to see the Faeries are watching out for you! I don't know what I'd do without you! <3 <3 <3

    Also, new artwork for the rest of us...yes? *poutyface*

    Get an Instagram woman! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. keep on keeping on!!!!!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete