Merch

Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Ink Drawings Are Coming! and I've Become a Bobblehead

Egret
Medium: Ink
Size: 7x10 inches
I'm doing ink drawings again! These are fun and easy drawings for my brain to "Zen out" with during my morning coffee. Most of these drawings have a very "sketchy" feel to them, while some will have a more polished look. I'm having fun creating different animals and species that I haven't yet done. More to come-- and I should post the for sale hopefully later this week. Let me know if you see one you'd like to own so I can reserve it for you. These are originals and I don't plan to make prints of any of them, so once they're gone, they're gone. Most of these drawings will be priced around $15-$30. All the drawings in this post are copyrighted to me, Claire Nobles ©2013. No reproductions of any kind.

Birds of Prey
Medium: Ink
Size: 7x10 inches


Flight
Medium: Ink
Size: ~7x10 inches
 As you can probably tell, I was working on birds for a few hours that day. I wanted to experiment with different styles, brush strokes, shading, etc. It was quite fun!

Flying
Medium: Ink
Size: ~5x7 inches

Flight 2
Medium: Ink
Size: ~7x10 inches
As usual, my title-skills have not improved or become original whatsoever...
Sea Horse
Medium: Ink
Size: ~7x10
Then I had to draw sea horses for some reason... I like drawing sea horses!

Sea Horse 2
(Sold)
I would have done more inks, but I had a Jeff Mangum Concert to go to. (It was amazing.) I'm not usually one who shares stuff about music, but since I was listening to his albums during the creation of all of the above drawings, I owe him a little shout-out.

 Jeff Mangum sounds like a cross between Kurt Cobain and a psychopathic folk singer who is having a bad dream while on painkillers (in a good way). Tim described him to me as a guy who is so passionate about his music, that it's physically painful for him to play it. It was evident to me during his first number. He's kind of awesome. Probably an R rating for his lyrics though (to keep in mind)!
This pose started out as an accident... but then I just went with it.  You know you love it.
After the concert, we went to a restaurant called "The Crepe Place" - guess what they served there? Oh yeah, crepes! Genius restaurant name, and great food.

Last night I got two watercolor commissions, plus I still have a few ink commissions to do, so I shall be busy-busy-busy! Hoping to post the above drawings for sale on my Etsy sometime this week! Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment